130617 Exercise suggestions for increasing bone mineral density
Before engaging in any new exercise program consult with your primary health care provider.
To increase your lean body mass, add strength and power, follow these guidelines for the suggested group of exercises:
1. Full body resistance training program on a schedule of at least two times per week, with three times to optimize the results.
2. Utilize correct exercise technique at all times
3. Three sets of ten to twelve repetitions each exercise unless otherwise noted.
4. Work to rest ratio is 1:2, meaning if you work out for ten seconds you then rest for twenty seconds.
5. If you are able to add weight after completing the series three times, then do so the next session.
6. If you have added weight then do only ten repetitions and work up to twelve.
Warm up for 5-8 minutes
Abdominal work-15-20 reps for two sets
Bar bell rows
Abdominal work again to end the session-15-20 reps for two sets